We’ll be officially announcing this towards the latter half of next as well as publicising it on various mailing lists and job sites. In the mean time, we would welcome any early CVs.
We looking for a Junior or Intermediary Linux System Administrator. Junior doesn’t mean trainee by the way – we would consider you a junior Linux system administrator if:
- you’ve worked as a Linux administrator for about 12 months for another company; or
- you haven’t worked as a Linux system administrator but have got LPI / Red Hat or other certifications; or
- at the very least you’ve used Linux on the desktop for >3 years and have had some involvement in administrating college computer society servers, community project servers, etc.
You’re intermediary if you have about two years real work experience and have:
- a very good understanding of the LAMP stack from an administrative perspective;
- experience and / or knowledge of some typical services such as: DNS, SMTP, POP3 / IMAP, SSH, NFS;
- a good understanding of basic networking principals and protocols such as HTTP, POP3, SMTP sessions for debugging; TCP, UDP and ICMP protocols; IP addressing and basic LAN routing.
While we currently only have one opening, we would also consider applications from PHP developers with a good familiarity with the Linux command line and the LAMP stack. This candidate would work with us as a mixed hat PHP developer and system administrator.
By the same token, any Linux system administrator with good PHP development knowledge could leap better qualified administrators.
CVs in an open document format (Open Office, RTF, HTML, PDF) can be sent to jobs (at) opensolutions (dot) ie.
Unsolicited CVs, phone calls and / or emails from recruitment agencies are not welcome.